Advent Solar, SV Solar, TrafficCast, Cyber-Rain and other news
Other deals to note:
- In the last posting, we briefly mentioned Silicon Valley Solar has acquired NuEdison in a combination of solar concentrator plays. Today comes word that facilitating this acquisition was a $10.2mm round of financing led by Bessemer Venture Partners.
- Traffic prediction startup TrafficCast has raised a $2mm Series A led by Phenomenelle Angels Fund I LP and NEW Capital Fund LP. Women Angels and a syndicate of individuals also participated in the round. Anything that reduces the number of idling engines stuck in traffic is a good thing...
- Smart sprinkler system manufacturer Cyber-Rain has raised an undisclosed amount of financing from Momentum Venture Management.
- Also, the Cool Earth Solar convertible note financing we referenced back in May is revealed by Ed Gunther to be now closed at "almost $1 million"... And it's interesting to note the money Google is putting into RechargeIT and PHEVs.
- Biofuels are getting mixed coverage these days... Corn-based ethanol won't be profitable after 2008?... Don't tell these guys... Fascinating to note that the oil giants' reputations may be lower than the tobacco industry, according to the SVP of Technology at ConocoPhillips... Plus -- confusion at the pump?
- Solar: Solar industry to continue amazing growth path -- grid parity by 2014? So says RBC Capital Markets... Green buildings: Nice overview of cutting edge approaches here... Smart grid: Nice two-part article (part 1 / part 2) on some of the looming changes to the grid.